On this week’s episode of RV Family Travel Atlas, we are talking to our favorite podcast correspondents, Brett Neilson and Kerri Cox, who both took epic RV trips this summer with their families.
Brett Neilson, from the Great State of Utah, headed up to Glacier National Park and has some great campground reviews and suggestions for hikes and family activities. He talks about…
- An overnight stay at Butte KOA, recently rebranded as a Journey campground, and Brett’s first experience with the KOA brand
- Fish Creek Campground in Glacier National Park
- National Park campground in Glacier and Yellowstone
- Family friendly hikes and wildlife spotting in the park
- A new truck ‘acquisition’ and plans for a new travel trailer (!!!!)
Kerri Cox, from the Great State of Missouri, hitched up her travel trailer and drove west to see the grandeur of Yosemite. How did her family fare on this 25-day tour de force? Listen to find out. Kerri will tell us about…
- Her stops out west along the Mother Road using the Route 66 Adventure Handbook, including graffiti antics at Cadillac Ranch.
- Yosemite Ridge Campground, their base camp for exploring the national park.
- Floating down the Merced River on rafts.
- Family friendly hikes
- Muir Woods National Monument.
We thought we were all that and a campfire s’more with our 34-day trip to the Great Smokies. But there were plenty of other families seeing this big, beautiful country in grand RV style. Those stories are coming your way on Episode #48: Dispatches from Glacier and Yosemite.
We are delighted to have Go RVing as our RVFTA sponsor. To find your AWAY head over to GoRVing.com.