On this episode of the RV Family Travel Atlas podcast, we are talking about our recent adventures in tent camping. Cabela’s just debuted an entire line of redesigned tents and we got to try a few of them out.
It has been at least ten years since we set up a tent, and this was a brand new experience for our boys, so listen to hear how we fared at the campground.
Segment One: The Tent Camping Experience
In the first segment, we chat about our prior tent camping experience, the aspects that we felt confident about, and the things that made us nervous. We also talk about how the boys felt about leaving behind the new toy hauler. Spoiler alert…they were not thrilled about the idea.
Well, their attitude changed pretty quickly once the tents were set up. These tents are nothing like the ones we grew up with, and the gear took comfort camping to a whole new level.
Our main takeaways:
- color-coded and fiberglass shock-corded tent poles made set up easy
- rain flies offered full coverage and easy access to tents
- Mesh screens offered fantastic views from inside the tent
- breakdown and repacking was simple and intuitive
Segment Two: The Camping Gear
Plus, we brought along a ton of other great gear that made tent camping easy and comfortable. So comfortable that we are already hatching a plan for our next tenting getaway. Seriously…
Here are links to all the products we discussed in the second segment:
- Cabela’s Quick Set Screenhouse
- Disc-O-Bed Cot Bunk Beds
- Kid-O-Bunk beds and cots
- Intex Dura Beam Supreme Airflow Air bed
- Cabela’s Kids’ Sleeping Bags
- Cabela’s Mountain Trapper Sleeping Bags for Adults
- Polar Cap Equalizer Coolers
- Food Trunk
You might think that owning an RV means never tent camping again. But we know that a night under the stars can be a great adventure for family campers. Take a listen to Episode #138 RVFTA Goes Tent Camping with Cabela’s
A big thanks to our sponsors for supporting weekly content for all our RV and camping fools…