On this episode of Campground of the Week, our western correspondent Brett Neilson takes us all the way north reviewing Fish Creek Campground in Glacier National Park, Montana. Fish Creek Campground is one of only two reservable campgrounds in Glacier National Park, so it is a great option when visiting this popular bucket list destination.
Brett tells us all the wonderful things about staying at this heavily wooded campground, including the immediate access to Lake McDonald.
He also shares some of his tips for navigating this huge National Park. Brett talks about his favorite family friendly hikes, drives, and boat tours:
- Going to the Sun Road: Transversing Glacier National Park from West to East.
- Trail of the Cedars: One-mile ADA trail
- Avalanche Lake Trail: Five-mile loop that leads to waterfalls feeding into Avalanche Lake
- Hidden Lake Overlook Trail: Three-mile loop with mountain goat sightings!
- Sunset Boat tour with Glacier Boat Company
You can also check out Brett’s blog posts on his trip to Glacier National Park.
Plus, Glacier National Park is one of the 40 top RV destinations that we write about in our book, the Idiots Guide to RV Vacations. Check it out for recommendations on additional campgrounds, food, and activities!
Thanks to our sponsors, Jayco and Progressive Insurance, for sponsoring weekly content for all those RV fools out there. We appreciate your support!